John Mayer Cancels Tour Due to Throat Condition
It's "Heartbreak Warfare" if you're a John Mayer fan. The singer said today he was forced to cancel his upcoming spring tour after doctors discovered another granuloma in his throat.
Mayer broke the news on his Tumblr page, stating he had "no choice but to take an indefinite break from live performing."
Late last year, Mayer delayed the release of his album for six months after granuloma developed in this throat. After surgery in October, the singer was placed on vocal rest.
In the recent blog post, Mayer described his condition to fans, explaining the granuloma is "in a spot where the vocal cords hit together and there's no way to really give it a chance to heal without a good stretch of time and some pretty intensive treatment."
Despite the canceled tour, Mayer says his fifth studio album, Born and Raised, will be released on May 22.
Mayer also confirmed that because he doesn't make "a very good anything-other-than-a-musician," he'll begin working on his next album while in recovery: "I feel really vibrant as a writer at the moment and there's no reason not to begin the next album project in the time I would have been touring."